Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pumpkin Baby Cakes topped with Cranberry Cream



Babycakes

2 cups self raising flour
¼ of a teaspoon of cardamom
½ of a teaspoon of Nutmeg
1¼ of a teaspoon of Pepper-berry (this is not straight pepper)
90g butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 cup of cooked pumpkin mashed

Beat together butter and sugar and spices. Add eggs and pumpkin. Sift in flour. Mix until smooth and spoon baking tray.

Icing

250g of cream cheese softened
100g of dried cranberry blended
½ cup of icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
zest of one orange

Blend together until smooth and ice.


2 comments:

  1. You crazy woman! You should definitely write your own Baby-cakes cook book. This is so not my style because I have the patience of a fruit fly. Plus my kids would each eat a dozen of these making me feel further depressed. Looking at the sugar volume in the icing I'm guessing it turned out pretty tart? ARGGG! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd be surprised, I make the middle verson size for Caleb and Lachlan alot and they love them. Though you do have lots of kids.

    Not as tart as I wanted, the only cranberrys I could find where dried and sweetened so it came out quite sweet.

    I wanted a bit more spice and zest.

    ReplyDelete

fragiletiger@hotmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...