Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pumpkin Soup




A certain chef I know makes me an amazing pumpkin soup, with bacon, cream and duck fat if he can get it. The primary function of chefs is to make food fattening. I once heard that in your average restaurant dish there is 100g of butter. Because of this soup I've never, made one my self. However an empty fridge drove me to create this simple, healthy and delicious soup. When I say simple I mean simple...

2 cups of pumpkin peeled and roughly chopped
2 cups of vegetable stock
2 carrots peeled and chopped
salt and pepper
1/2 a cup of milk or rice milk

Place everything except the milk in a pot and simmer for 20 -30 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Blend until smooth and stir in milk. Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

fragiletiger@hotmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...