Sunday, October 12, 2014

Impossible Pumpkin Pie





2 cups of puree pumpkin

1/2 cup brown sugar
4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 egg whites
2 tablespoons of gluten free flour



Whisk together the pumpkin puree, flour, egg yolks, the cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, allspice and salt. In a large bowl beat 4 egg whites with the sugar until they hold soft peaks, and fold this meringue into the pumpkin mixture.

Pour into a greased baking dish and bake at 150C for 40 minutes or until just set but still wobbly. Allow to cool before serving.    

4 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful . Do you know how many degrees in Farenheit? 300??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this today and baked it at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. It came out great! Your picture looks a little more like cake, mine was a little flatter and tasted like pumpkin pie. I used coconut flour for the gluten free flour and I added chocolate chips to mine too.Thanks for the recipe, We enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judee,
    I'm so glad it worked. Mine really tasted like the insides of a pie I think the picture is deceiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment on my pumpkin bars. I had lost where I originally saw the recipe and now have updated and given you credit for the original recipe that I adapted my recipe from. The reason I added coconut milk to mine is because when using coconut flour, you need to add extra liquid. Thanks again for this easy tasty recipe

    ReplyDelete

fragiletiger@hotmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...